Color Directory gone??

I have been looking for some color codes and I have been searching for Tim Dutton's Color Directory. I have searched and found nothing, meaning all links to it are gone. This is or was a valuable piece of information for all. It gave a lot of the members colors and codes. Does anyone on the forum know where it has disappeared to, or better still how we can get it back and get it posted in this directory, or How do do it, or somewhere people can find it with the search button without getting diverted to another thread that has lost the link.
I personally would like to see it expanded to include technical information besides the color codes to include things like the width of stripes, color of strip edging etc. Anyone??

Bill

Wow, what an excelent piece!

Is somebody still keeping this up to date?

I noticed that my car is also in this list, listed under the previous owner, Dave Gibbins.
There is no color code mentioned, but green. It actually is Guardsman Blue.

The other thing I noticed is that the color mixture for Guardsman Blue is completely different when you compare SPF and CAV.
So, which one would be the original Guardsman Blue?

Well I swear I did use the search function and it led me to the two post that are linked. I guess I will need to check my computer. I had a melt down a few weeks ago, so it may still have a few inconsistancys in the redo. When I hit the two links all I got was a blank screen. Will check it out.
At least it brings it to the fore front for all to see and use.

Bill

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
The other thing I noticed is that the color mixture for Guardsman Blue is completely different when you compare SPF and CAV.
So, which one would be the original Guardsman Blue?

I have an SPF that is "guardsman blue" but it does not look like that color as I see it on old Mustangs, etc. (http://www.svs.com/zim/mustang/images/64-F.jpg) . I also bought some Guardsman Blue touch up paint and they're not even close. In the color directory compare my car (listed under "60-61" its previous owner) to the CAV listed under "Speed620" and "CESLAW"s RCR. The latter two look like my memory of guardsman blue, and like the touchup sample I have.

Looking at the SPF cobra colors they show a "Galaxie Blue" which I suspect is a true Guardsman Blue: http://www.superformance.com/Photoalbum_contents.aspx?Albumid=87

Last edited:
Well I swear I did use the search function and it led me to the two post that are linked. I guess I will need to check my computer. I had a melt down a few weeks ago, so it may still have a few inconsistancys in the redo. When I hit the two links all I got was a blank screen. Will check it out.
At least it brings it to the fore front for all to see and use.

Bill

I have that problem sometimes too, when a website has a link to a large PDF file. It can take a LONG time for the new page to open with the PDF file embedded within.

Try right-clicking on the link and downloading the file to your hard drive.

Back