Rivet caps - any good?

Hi all

After a very unsuccessful hunt for black sealed rivets I've decided I have 2 options.

1 - Try and find somewhere to paint my sealed rivets (proving difficult)

2 - Look at using rivet caps.

I've not used rivet caps before, would they be suitable for my sealed pop rivets on external panels such as my wheel arches or are they for interiors etc?

nylon%20cap%202.jpg

Any help much appreciated

Trev

Hi Trev,

I followed your link to our website from the pic above.

We are a distributor of Bralo rivets and they can offer sealed rivets in over 50 colours (including black!).

It's not something that we stock as standard but I can get a price for you if you like.

Details are here... BRALO - Products

Cheers,
Gary.

Hi Gary

I've been in touch with Bralo directly this week and it appears there is a minimum order quantity of something like 16,000 which is far too many for me.

If you plan to take an order or these then I'll certainly take 1000 off you depending on price

Thanks

Trevor

Trev,
The first ones you show are plastic and it would seem they would, over time, "dry out" and get hard and brittle. Given the amount of vibration and heat cycles that the panels will see over a lifetime, would leave gaps and begin to rattle around. I go for the soild black type or just settle for the small paint brush.

Bill

Trev,
The first ones you show are plastic and it would seem they would, over time, "dry out" and get hard and brittle. Given the amount of vibration and heat cycles that the panels will see over a lifetime, would leave gaps and begin to rattle around. I go for the soild black type or just settle for the small paint brush.

Bill

Yeah I don't think I'll go down this route with the plastic caps. I've got some good sealed rivets but they are a little too expensive so hopefully Gary can help

Trev

Back