Steering and seats

Anyone know a source for an original (looking) steering wheel? I have a GT40NA with a Sparco wheel and would like to change it out. While we're at it- any source for the original style grommeted seats? Thanks. Mike Jacobelli

Charlie Farley

Supporter
I'm having my seats made as we speak, the guy has supplied seats to many original cars and is cheaper than Gelscoe. If you care to PM me, i will also tell you where to get your steeringwheel, i have an original one off the second prototype car.

Attachments

• Gt40 Steering Wheel 004.jpg
    Gt40 Steering Wheel 004.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 408

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Moto-Lita still make GT40 steering wheels. Blue or black, and a choice of sizes. Try Welcome cobra, nardi, moto-lita, mini cooper, ferrari, shifter carts, parts and accessories from Finish Line, I think it is- Cobra supplier in USA, I believe in FL.

Jay Cushman makes nice fiberglass seats. I happen to have a set in my car, which have worked out great. If you get them, you still need to install the plastic grommets, the cloth panel in the upper part of the seat, and you need to find some kind of support for the lower part of the seat- the original cars used rubber webbing riveted into a trampoline arrangement. The rubber webbing and hooks and all are available on eBay. PM me if you need help.

Back