Interior door boxes

I'm thinking about the door boxes and the options for trimming them.
I have seen some with aluminium, some leather.
Perhaps some of you can post a picture of what you have done.
'Throw a few ideas in the pot '

Cheers

Keith,
I plan on getting mine flocked and then modiying a small cargo net type material and bend some bar and some tweld some tabs on.

I am also though planning on getting the dash flocked

Brett

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Whatever you decide to do I'd recomend mounting a steel bar behind the covering.

Amazing how the "leather covered door card" ends upp getting used to pull the doore closed.

Ian

This is what i have done
PICT4466.jpg

TOM

When I was exploring what I wanted to do with my doors I collected several of the guys ideas. Maye these will help you.

Doorpanel4.jpg

Doorpanel3.jpg

doorskin1.jpg

doorpull.jpg

Doorpanel6.jpg

Doorpanel5.jpg

Most of you probably know whose these belong to.
I turned my interior guy loose with only the placement of the speakers to guide him. He does the interiors for the Year One cars that are auctioned off for charity. He does fabulous work, and is reasonable with his pricing.
P2030069.jpg

Bill

Wow Bill.. I especially like the pic of the red leather one with the GT40 stitched into it.. That guy must be one fricking classy dude:thumbsup:

Wow Bill.. I especially like the pic of the red leather one with the GT40 stitched into it.. That guy must be one fricking classy dude:thumbsup:
Indeed nicely done, this way also no rambling/rattling? around when you put little things in your door storage.

I've bin looking on my pc with thousends of GT40 pics and found out that the Aus DRB GT40 uses really different interiors, some very nice and some can be used partly as a idea.
I try to find some on the web, otherwise I have to load all pics up to another website first.

attachment.php

P2030068.jpg

P2030069.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

There are a few more, I see if I can find them back at DRB GT40

lol @Tom, indeed not my taste either, although that "black" one is ok, also have some better doors on my pc but not online.

Bob on here has also a good idea, make it a glove box type, ofcorse many variations possible, here is Bob's

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/22806-bobs-gtd-8.html

you could for example make it look like this picture below with also the possibility to open that door-card like idea acting like a big glove box to put the bigger stuff in and so you can store the small items in the kangaroo bag which is elastic so stuff does not fall out when you open the big hidden storage behind it :D

Doorpanel6.jpg

Last edited:
Back