body alignment tapered pins

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I've seen these, but do not know what our industry calls them. What I'm looking for is the conically shaped pins (plus receivers) that are used to align adjacent body panels (top panels to the bottom panels). Can anybody provide a link or contact?

I've thought about having some turned, but I can't imagine that being cheaper than outright purchasing them.

Thanks,

Terry

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Chris from Australia made some a while back. He now has the rcr Lola track car.
( all from memory so I hope I got it right)

Ian

Chris from Australia certainly still makes them. They are works of art, and the price is excellent.

He has a website, and with luck he will chime in with the address.

Clive.

Hi Terry,
I made the attached parts from aluminium / nylon bar stock on my lathe, not a difficult job
Regards
Andy

Attachments

• Body Pins.jpg
    Body Pins.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 529
I don't know if they'd be suitable but after reading this thread earlier I noticed the Mazda RX-8 has them on the front and rear doors.

58-917A and 58-973A in this diagram (at the bottom of the door)

2F21001.jpg

Pin is part number F151-58-917 Housing is part number F151-58-973

Would seem to be about $6.38 for the pin and $2.32 for the housing.

Last edited:

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I appreciate the suggestions and tips. As usual, you guys do well when I'm in a pinch.

I think I'm going to get Chris to send me his set-up. My only concern is that the threads on the screws he includes will be left handed :) :)

I've taken a look at the RX-8 and while the pins look like they could work quite nicely the receivers don't look ideal.

Plus they're no work of art and by the time you've got some receivers to work with them probably end up more expensive.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Got the pins in today, and they look great! too bad it may be next year before I actually put them on the bodywork.

Thanks Chris!

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Pleasure doing "business" Terry :thumbsup:
Do you need some more --as, by the time I paid out all grafters I'm penniless again :laugh:
PS I sent you American threads for your convenience --however we can do any thread that you desire -- inverted , extraverted, crossed. No probs:laugh:

Back