Door fit

For those of you that have the GT 40 with the door tops that are a part of the roof. Could you post me some pictures of how the gutter is molded. Where the door closes against the body what rubber trim do you use/ Supposing that is that your roof/door doesn't leak in the rain/car wash LOL. I want to do the same cut out in my roof of the Europa. It's only 42" high & getting in can be a head bangers nighmare LOL But not sure how to make the edges for a weather striping that won't leak. The "T" tops on my Corvette leak even with new weather strip. I'm assuming a bit of a "U" channel to direct any water down the outside edge of the door to the ground. But I'd like to see how the different makers of these cars has addressed the problem.
Thanks
Mike S

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Mine leaks in rain not much bit drips happen. About 3 meters of p section seal per door

Never been brave enough to try it in the car wash. Hand wash only.

I have also fitted internal hold down clips in the centre of the spider to hold the roof portion of the door down. Before this the door would lift enough at 80 mph for me to get my fingers through

Ian

Back