Ford door lockset ?

The Ford part # B2A4022050-A does not seem to be a valid Ford part # for the 52-59 Ford pickup that is supposed to be similar to the Rover lockset ( I am trying to put door locks on my SPF GT 40)

Hi Larry
Do you mean external barrel surround with the cover plate?
If so then why not just use the original parts from the UK such as the Rover?
Most UK sellers will send a parcel to the US if you ask them nicely, but they will generally moan and groan for a week about it!

Larry,
The 52-59 era locksets with the cover plate are on ebay. I just checked and saw quite a few that should work.

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
That lockset is availabale from just about any Ford old parts vendor. It was used on many Fords from the 50's to the early 60's.....55-60 Thunderbird, 52-59 Ford, Mercurys, trucks, etc.

If you can't find them PM for some vendor info.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Yes,

You will need to fabricate a connection from the lock cylinder to the door latch.

We are working on a "kit" but as we don't have a GT on the ground right now (all sold, one on the water now) I must wait until it hits to work out the details.

We are working on a "kit" but as we don't have a GT on the ground right now (all sold, one on the water now) I must wait until it hits to work out the details.

What, no spare doors in stock? ;-)

Put my name on the list when your kit is ready. I have most of the parts now and plan to fabricate the mechanism but if your kit is complete, it would save me valuable time.

Thanks,

Tom

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
What, no spare doors in stock? ;-)

Put my name on the list when your kit is ready. I have most of the parts now and plan to fabricate the mechanism but if your kit is complete, it would save me valuable time.

Thanks,

Tom

I doubt the kit will work on an RCR as the latches are different I understand.

Larry

I'm in the middle of putting locks in the doors as well.
Bought a Rover P6 lock, but it seemed to have a very large base.
So I picked up a set of the Ford locks (copy this into Ebay - 140761922075)
and they seem to suit the space better. Haven't done the links yet.

Clayton

Attachments

• door locks 008.jpg
    door locks 008.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 396
  • door locks 010.jpg
    door locks 010.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 524
Clayton,
I would be curious to see what the lever looks like, that you made, to activate door mech.
Thanks, Larry

Hi Larry
I forgot to post some pics of the lock mechanism.
Had to add a few more levers due to central locking, but you get the idea.

Clayton

Attachments

• Door locks 21.07.12 003.jpg
    Door locks 21.07.12 003.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 362
  • Door locks 21.07.12 005.jpg
    Door locks 21.07.12 005.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 377
  • Door locks 21.07.12 006.jpg
    Door locks 21.07.12 006.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 376

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Did you ever produce a door lock kit for the SPF GT 40 ?
If so, what are the details?
Thanks, Larry

Working lately on this. Waiting for the machinist to finish the barrel that holds the lock in place to test on a door (sadly I have the door from a GT40 that is no longer on the road for a jig).

I have two concepts that we will test. Both involve a stainless steel reinforcing plate that mounts inside the door to strengthen the lock face and prevent the door handle hinge from tearing out of the fiberglass when a ham-fisted cretin tries to force the door open.

When we are confident it works, and I would pay for it, I will announce it here first.

Back