Speedometer Calibration ????

Have found that the Speedometer on the RF is reading High by about 10 MPH at 60. Are there gears available to correct this??? This has an AUDI box in it. I don't mind buying the gears and will check them against the GPS till I get the best match. Or how have you corrected this ??? Thanks, Wally

Replica GT40s are usually very optimistic in the speed indicated. They alsotend to have a lot of needle jump due to the long cable. Do yourself a favor and look into the Speedhut offerings in GPS speedos Dead accurate regardless of tire size, no cable to break and easy to install. I installed one about a year ago and love it. No hassles and I really know how fast I am going when i see that unexpected cop. I installed mine with an off/on switch to limit power to the unit when sitting for a long period.

Intersesting Bud.
I wonder whether GPS would be acceptable for IVA here in the uk, that's the regulations we have to adhere to.
I think probably not, but it would be a good idea to have one anyway.
Cheers

Keith,
A couple of us have recently installed the Speedhut GL4-GPS-06.
This fits into the '40s dashboard perfectly and is easy to install and set up. With the black face and Stealth Classic bezel, it fits in very well with the other instruments.
I think your mechanical speedo should be within the limits +10%/-0 for IVA, but afterwards I suggest a GPS instrument which will be plus and minus 0 in accuracy.
Can't help with applicability to IVA - can Ian Anderson help?

Thanks for the info on the GPS units, I just would like to have the cable driven unit working correctly as it is already there, I can and do plan on using the GPS for directions and can use it as a speedometer if need be. But find it a nuisance to look at the speedo and know it's off when it shouldn't be all that hard to correct. I have a box of gears for the fords that I just change them out till they read the same ( or close ) to what the GPS shows and thats fine by me. Wally

Wally:
If you intend to keep your existing speedo check out this web site. It has been a while since I did this but if I remember it worked quite well.
Cheers
Phil

MINATURE GEARBOX

Back