A.C. Wiring Schematic for an R.F.

Hi after spending the last 4-5 hour wringing out wiring on the A.C. system on My R.F. I think I have an open wire ( looks to go into the harness under the dash, But I can't find it at the fuse block ) Went to the wiring book and they only tell you to plug this into that and it should all work??? Thanks for any suggestions. Wally :huh: :huh: :huh:

Wally

You need to be more specific.
Have you just fitted air and its not working or you have air and its stopped working.

A start would be go to the pressure switch in the reciever drier, turn the air on you will get power on one teminal ,if their is enough pressure in the system it will trigger the switch and turn the compressor on.
if their is no power to any terminals it is a power supply,temp control reastat,on of switch, you will have to work back.
if you have a lack of pressure you will have power on one side but not the other side of the switch.

You could have a bad earth also.
Are you getting power to the compressor??.

Check a few things and come back with a little info.

Jim

Hi Jim After spending the last week trying to locate a vacuum leak, We finally pressurize the system to 250 PSI of Nitrogen and found the wrong fitting had been used as an adapter and was leaking ( this was after replacing every O-ring in the system ) So Friday we when to charge the system and jumpered the pressure switch and the compressor still wouldn't run. So we Hot wired it and charged this so that much is behind Me. Now I still don't have A.C. when I turn it on on the dash. I was looking for power at the switch till I realized they ground this trough the switch, That's when I started trying to meter back trough the harness to find where I am loosing continuity. I did check per your suggestion and I don't have power at the dryer switch but with the system charged it is made. The fan runs for the AC / heater I don't have the triger to turn on the relay for the compressor ( I can jumper it at the relay so that wiring is good, My problem is where does this go between the dash switch and the relay ????? I was thinking did R.F. run this trough the Motec unit to initialize it ???

Last edited:
Wally I doubt the motec would be turning the air on,it will require a wire from the a/cond for an idle up request to the ecu thats about it I would think.

Are you using a unit supplied by RF or have you fitted a unit you have sourced.
If you using a universal under dash unit then you need to follow that wiring diagram.
You maybe able to utilize some RF wiring if it goes to the right places but if not run some cable.

You have a fan switch,do you have a temp control switch,you should have 2 switches.
All the power to the a/cond comes from this switch(temp control switch), the feel I am getting is this switch is not wired correctly or you dont have one.
A pair of wires from the evap temp senser also go to the temp control switch.
Issues in these areas will give you the issues you are having.

YOU NEED THE DIAGRAM FOR THAT A/COND EVAP UNIT,NOT FOR THE RF.
Then check it against the RF wiring.

I dont know if im helping

jim

Last edited:
Thanks Jim This is the unit supplied by RF. This should be so simple as the A.C. switch is just a push button marked AC, Pushing it should start the compressor, There is a temperature sensor in the cold air box that is normally open ( jumpering it didn't change anything ). Looks like this uses 2 relays ( trying to follow the wires ) with one being grounded by the AC switch to turn on the one that powers the one that feeds the compressor clutch. The fan is completely separate circuit from what I can see. It's about time to wire in a toggle switch till I fine someone that has the Schematic for this and try and correct this over the winter as for now I want to enjoy the car and AC sure would be nice, 90 f right now.

Hi Anyone have A diagram of the relay layout ???? Are there any Schematics for these available ???? A pinout of the wiring harness would be real helpful????? Thanks in advance, Wally

I have finally sorted this out. The Motec had to have the auxiliary function setup to power the switch for this, That in turn powered the relay ( that when installed had pushed the terminal out of the support block which must be a known problem as the bottom of the terminals had been filled ??? with RTV which failed to hold on several of the terminals as we had tried several relays in different sockets attempting to locate the BAD one and then when we put them back they didn't work where they came out of dug out the RTV and redid most of these with epoxy ) trough the two switches in the AC system ( still have to have the one in the air flow jumpered as it never changes no matter how warm or cold it is Heat gun to deep freeze ) Please keep in mind this is one from the old R.F. it seams they are doing much better now.

Back