Spf gt 40 windshield rubber seal

Does anyone have a source for the rubber windshield seal? Hilbank does not stock it. I have to replace the windshield, which is being shipped frrom Hilbank

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I would be interested to know more particulars about this seal... Cost is one thing, but how it fits the spider as I would like the option of a good seal that is removeable rather than a permanent bond.

I talked with a guy in Olthloff's shop and they don't stock the seal, and don't normally replace it,they reuse it

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I would be interested to know more particulars about this seal... Cost is one thing, but how it fits the spider as I would like the option of a good seal that is removeable rather than a permanent bond.

Randy,

This is a "cosmetic" seal only. the actual seal/bonding of glass to steel spider is adhesive, the rubber outer seal is only to "smooth" the gap over. Original GTs had no such seal and the gap between spider and glass was filled with windshield sealer/mastic or silicone.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Interesting.. Thanks for the info... Is that seal commonly available?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Rick! Here I had been floundering at McMaster-Carr for same.. I appreciate the link!

Back