Attachments

• doorseal.JPG
    doorseal.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 422

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I found a picture of it might be a superformance

Yes, that is a Superformance and that is a moulded thermoplastic channel that wiring routes in. It is not a weatherstrip, there is a rubber seal outboard of that that serves the water intrusion job. This channel will likely not fit an RCR poperly as it is contoured to the dash end shape and sponson of the SPF but if you want to try one I may have a set on hand.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Yes, that is a Superformance and that is a moulded thermoplastic channel that wiring routes in. It is not a weatherstrip, there is a rubber seal outboard of that that serves the water intrusion job. This channel will likely not fit an RCR poperly as it is contoured to the dash end shape and sponson of the SPF but if you want to try one I may have a set on hand.

Brilliant solution to a couple of needs... Channel for wiring and a base for attaching weatherstrip to... I may be interested in these for my car as well...

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Brilliant solution to a couple of needs... Channel for wiring and a base for attaching weatherstrip to... I may be interested in these for my car as well...

Note in the photo that it is relieved for the tub reinforcement under the dash corner so I suspect they may not fir the RCR tub. I will check stock as I think i have a set on hand. I would supply them on an "if OK" basis, that is I will ship them and if they work I get paid. if not, just return them and pay the shipping.

Note in the photo that it is relieved for the tub reinforcement under the dash corner so I suspect they may not fir the RCR tub. I will check stock as I think i have a set on hand. I would supply them on an "if OK" basis, that is I will ship them and if they work I get paid. if not, just return them and pay the shipping.

These look very nice.

Are they something that is offered regularly? You said that you might have a set on hand so I was wondering.

Also, can you PM me the cost please (or post it here if the rules allow)?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Rick,

Give Don the first shot at them. I will be working on my GT for the first time in almost two years over the Christmas Holiday week. If Don passes, I should be able to tell you if they will work. I see the relief you're talking about. While there isn't a similar relief in the RCR chassis I have, I could build up that edge to fit.. Dash panel legs are similar, but seem to be much larger on the Superformance car.. If nothing else - those of us with RCR and other cars could use the same concept to fabricate something like it..

Mighty nice offer you have made!!!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I will post pictures of the Superformance pieces later today. Note that they do NOT mount the lower door weatherstrippng via the plastic channels. The weatherstrip is not integrated with the covers.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
These are the theromoulded channels Superformance makes. I am confirming costs, but do have this set on hand.

Attachments

• Engine 006 (1024x768).jpg
    Engine 006 (1024x768).jpg
    688.1 KB · Views: 255
  • Engine 007 (1024x768).jpg
    Engine 007 (1024x768).jpg
    802.1 KB · Views: 290
Mark,
They look great, if they fit they will be just what I was looking for. I didn't want the weather stripping on them as getting in and out of the car could tear the seal. I think putting the weather strip on the door could seal to the plastic channels when door is closed.

Back