Who dun it

Can anyone tell me what company made this body? Doors have no ridges so I'm pretty sure it's not a KVA.:sad:

I got the body from a guy who got it from a guy who's memory was not so good. The problem I"m having is knowing who's windscreen and dash to buy.:stunned:

Richard

Attachments

• davids gt 1.jpg
    davids gt 1.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 321
  • davids gt 2.jpg
    davids gt 2.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 304
  • davids gt 3.jpg
    davids gt 3.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 298
  • davids gt 4.jpg
    davids gt 4.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 313

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I'd talk with Bill Hough as he may know. He is on the forum as DaytonaBill.. Send him a PM.

Dan White was recomended as a source for the screen what ever it is. I'm told he make two different sizes/shapes. I'll contact him. Perhaps he can suggest a way to tell. If anyone does recognize the body please let me know. Inquiring minds want to know.

richard

I'm with Jack on this one, I would look over the Chassis very carefully and see if there is any stamped in numbers. Also post picture of the Chassis and someone may be able to identify it from them. I went through some of this trying to identify the KVA I have. Best of Luck. Wally

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
If nothing else, I know that there are a number of GT40 replica owners in your corner of the country - I would seek them out and carry your spider over there for some comparisons.. Odds are that the windshield will need some trimming, but then so did mine!
Could also see if someone would let you lay some paper across their windshield that you could tape together and make a pattern (tracing) then transfer that to hardboard backer of sorts.. This could then be held up to your spider for comparison purposes.

You may want to check with RCR and others here to see if they would sell you a windshield. Also as I understand it, the windshield in the Factory Five GTM is a GT40 windshield.

I didn't get the chassis with the body. It was not available. I did speak with Jay Cushman (about some other parts) who said about winscreens, there is only two different sizes and they differ by only 1/4 of an inch. If this is so then perhaps I could tweak the spyder.

Thank you everyone for your inputs. If anyone does come up with a definitive answer to the question or just has input in general feel free to post or PM me.

Richard

Back