Front interior paneling. Many do it?

Cut this out but didn't install it thinking I'd ask first if it is typical and a good idea.

Do most of you panel this area?

Attachments

• CAM00624.jpg
    CAM00624.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 403
Not that it makes much difference but on the cars I've seen, the panel has been fitted to the underside rather than on top of the lower chassis rails.

Definitely fit this panel, it keeps the road muck out of this area, which can be used for limited dry storage
Also consider extending this panel forward to stop air spilling from the clam shell opening to the radiator
Regards,
Andy

Not that it makes much difference but on the cars I've seen, the panel has been fitted to the underside rather than on top of the lower chassis rails.

I have a diagonal cross member that runs underneath though (see the picture for what I mean)

Attachments

• PICT0089.JPG
    PICT0089.JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 296
Darrin, RF as standard, panel both sides, the underside is 3 mm. The bottom panel starts flush with the front most chassis tube right back to the engine bay. The top panel is 1.5mm (or there abouts) and extends forward of the front tube to close any gaps between the body and the radiator.
Cheers, Gus.

I'm going to panel that eventually Darrin.
Ive been working on templates for the footwell recently, got a couple ready to make into Ali!

Darrin, RF as standard, panel both sides, the underside is 3 mm. The bottom panel starts flush with the front most chassis tube right back to the engine bay. The top panel is 1.5mm (or there abouts) and extends forward of the front tube to close any gaps between the body and the radiator.
Cheers, Gus.

Done! :)

Gave me an excuse to use the right angle drill and got to use the new automatic riveter. My gosh does that thing work well!

Back