Front nose section slider brackets

How are yours attaching the brackets to the front clips? Do you bolt the things then glass over the bolt heads? Do you glass in a mounting place then bolt them to that?

The photos show my front clip resting on the chassis. Wondering how to go about installing the brackets onto this thing.

Attachments

• NoseSectionSliderBrackets2.jpg
    NoseSectionSliderBrackets2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 257
  • FrontClip2.jpg
    FrontClip2.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 301
Darrin,
If you look at Toms' RCR track-racer build, there are some good pics of how those sliders are bolted on and WHAT they are attatched to. Your front clip does not have the additional piece that is glassed inside the front clip that they normally mount to.

I don't have any pics as I am in florida right now and my cars are up north. Alternatively, it may be easier for you to mount a hinge on both sides at the lower front section of the frame if you want to do a flip-up clip. (that is how my KVA is done) Best, Scott

I think that sounds like a good idea (using a hinge). I'll mull that over and see what I can come up with.

Thanks Scott.

Darrin,
If you look at Toms' RCR track-racer build, there are some good pics of how those sliders are bolted on and WHAT they are attatched to. Your front clip does not have the additional piece that is glassed inside the front clip that they normally mount to.

I don't have any pics as I am in florida right now and my cars are up north. Alternatively, it may be easier for you to mount a hinge on both sides at the lower front section of the frame if you want to do a flip-up clip. (that is how my KVA is done) Best, Scott

Darrin:
The hinges I have seen are simply a rod traversing the front frame horns, plates welded to the ends of the rod, these plates are bolted to the fiberglass on either side and the hinge was two roll bar bushings mounted to the frame.
I am sure if you look at some of the builds it will show up. It would probably be fairly easy to devise some sort of release mechanism to make the nose removeable as well as tilt over.
Cheers
Phil

Thanks Phil. I'm looking to build something similar. In my case, I think two 1/2 bolts (one for each side) to go through the "frame horns", with roll bar bushings and brackets clamped over the bolts, then those brackets bolted to an aluminum plate and that plate glassed in (plate will form a tower with extensions to cover with fiberglass), will work.

Darrin:
Sounds like a winner, here is a simple drawing of the parts I saw, I have not yet done my front attachment so if you have a better idea be sure and post it.
I particularly like the idea of being able to easily remove the clip, and having it go back essentially where it was without re-alignment issues.

Attachments

• tnose tiltover bracket.bmp
    960.1 KB · Views: 698
I hope to have something done in a week or two (have to order in some bushings with brackets). Once I get it done I'll take a photo.

My idea is just to drill a 1/2" hole through each "frame horn", slide a 1/2" x 3" bolt through it. Clamp the 1/2" sway bar bushing to the other side of the bolt, then install a washer and nut on the other side to lock it in. That gets bolted to a plate that is glassed in.

Here is a VERY quick mock up.

Attachments

• Idea.jpg
    Idea.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 203
Back