front clip alignment

My front clip sits below the edge of the roof spider (see photo) between 3/4" an 1".

Do most of you have rubber stops that limit the front clip's travel or do you just rely on a thick seal maybe?

Attachments

• FrontNeedsRaised.jpg
    FrontNeedsRaised.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 367
Darrin are your sill panels fitted ,they are
What determine front clip height and then fit
Doors.

Yes they are. I was just wondering what everyone was doing to stop the front clip at the spot where it meets the roof spider's edge. I didn't know if most were using rubber hood stops or just relying on a seal.

I ended up doing both. Two rubber Mustang hood stops about 1/4 of the way in on both sides and then some 1/2 tall seal that rests on the edge of the roof spider.

Darrin,

What Geoff is suggesting is that you a) forget about trying to space the gap at the spider, and b) instead focus upon the gap at the bottom of the clamshell where it meets the sill.

The gap at the bottom of the clamshell by the sill should be correct....and in so doing, that will set the gap and alignment at the spider edge for the lower windshield. Said another way, you place a spacing bump stop of some kind at the lower edge of the clamshell by the sill (to get the right gap there) and then adjust as necessary there to get the gap and alignment right at the spider edge above.

Of course, some folks use a seal around the edge of the spider to provide a little weather protection, but that seal isn't really for spacing/alignment.

I hope that helps!

Darrin,

What Geoff is suggesting is that you a) forget about trying to space the gap at the spider, and b) instead focus upon the gap at the bottom of the clamshell where it meets the sill.

The gap at the bottom of the clamshell by the sill should be correct....and in so doing, that will set the gap and alignment at the spider edge for the lower windshield. Said another way, you place a spacing bump stop of some kind at the lower edge of the clamshell by the sill (to get the right gap there) and then adjust as necessary there to get the gap and alignment right at the spider edge above.

Of course, some folks use a seal around the edge of the spider to provide a little weather protection, but that seal isn't really for spacing/alignment.

I hope that helps!

Gotcha.

Actually, this post came about because I had done that in a quick mock up and noticed that the front clip, when resting on the sill, was sitting above the spider.

Back