How many use front clip pins?

The ones shown in the blue boxes. Curious how many use them. If you do, where did you get the things? I guess McMaster would carry them.

Attachments

• TopViewMarkedUp.jpg
    TopViewMarkedUp.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 338
Hi Darrin, I'm not going to use them but I am considering having some kind of latch opening from inside the car. Richard

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Dzus fasteners (look up Ted Dzus on Google). Most all motorsport/aircraft parts/ suppliers carry them. Lots of versions, sizes and such to choose from.

I used the same (extra long) Dzus fasteners that RF supplied for the nostril vent.

Clayton

Attachments

• Update 18.11.11 006.jpg
    Update 18.11.11 006.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 294
  • Update 18.11.11 014.jpg
    Update 18.11.11 014.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 282
Darrin,
When I went to secure the front nostril my body guy suggested the Dzus fasteners. He chose a novel way of attaching them. He added a strip across the corners and thus eliminated the gap that is for the edges. We used standard size clips at about 1/2" deep and 2" wide. This has worked well over 9 years and nothing has worked loose. We secured them with pop rivets. Some have used small button head screws(allen wrench heads) and nyloks with washers to spread the load. Just remember that they will stick out some and will increase the gap. The pop rivets are flush and dont rub the paint off the strip holdng the retainer wire. Use the ones made for fiberglass.

Bill

P1010312_zps644ddf40.jpg

P1010313_zps5743ba26.jpg

How long are your fasteners? I see them come in up to 0.9" or so from one supplier, but in general, they stop at 0.55"

The RF ones are 1" overall length and have a grip length of 0.850", they are also 7/16" dia.
I fitted the nostril vent the same way as bill.

Clayton

Darrin,
When I went to secure the front nostril my body guy suggested the Dzus fasteners. He chose a novel way of attaching them. He added a strip across the corners and thus eliminated the gap that is for the edges...

I started to look at my clip last night to see how I would add the strips and wouldn't you know, the builder already had them in there. All I need to do is add the fasteners to the cover, and the brackets and springs to the clip. Those parts should be in Friday.

Back