Wtb front splitter for 2005 gt40

Again I'm just helping a friend so have your laughs lol but if you guys know where I can find a splitter for the car that'd be great or a dealer

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
It's a Ford GT and not a GT40 and you're on the wrong forum as was explained to you above. Go to fordgtforum.com

I'm sure it's a gt40 lol he took of the supercharger and put the turbos on lmao send me your phone number ill send ya pics

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
updown.gif

Lol nice pic I'm telling ya I must have the year wrong its a newer years sorry for sounding like an idiot but if you can help me out on locating some parts for it I posted a pic of the car on or as my profile pic

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Jonathan,

Your friend has the new Ford GT. While there are a few guys here on this forum that own them, the vast majority of our members here are involved with Original Ford GT40s from the Sixties.
The new Ford GT does share similar shapes and is mid-engine, but that's about all they share in common. The new GT is something on the order of 15% larger dimensionally than the original GT as well - hence a splitter that may have been made for the original would be too small to fit the new one.
Click this link below and it will take you to the best place to find what you're looking for..

The Ford GT Forum

Thanks for visiting GT40s.com

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Any help new friends
Jon --

It's a pure accident of history that your friend's car is not strictly-speaking called a GT40. It was Ford's intention to call it that. It's not particularly interesting why they did not; suffice it to say it involved money and lawyers. Very few people outside of this little cluster of 60's race cars fans either knows or cares about that minor naming issue, so its perfectly reasonable to think you could come to a site called "GT40s.com" to get help with the 21st century Ford car of (almost) that name.

Generally this group is welcoming and polite to newcomers with questions like yours and there have been many Ford GT-related questions asked here. They usually result either in a direct answer or at least a polite reference to the other site. I don't know what went wrong this time; normally it doesn't take a dozen sarcastic posts before someone provides any actual help. Hopefully this was a one-time aberration.

Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Give me a break. His question was answered twice he just chose to not accept it.

I see you're back Alan. Things going better for you now? We missed you!

Back