Joining Aluminium

Was always a bit sceptical of these miracle aluminium solder type products, But bought some at the Classic car show yesterday and have to say I am pleasantly surprised.

I have just tried a joint that will only be used for cosmetic purposes but I think with a bit of polishing and cleaning will look very presentable.

Thoughts anyone??

Attachments

• alumium join.jpg
    alumium join.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 491

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
It is very interesting Robin. I've seen these guys that "weld" (thats what they call it) a couple of aluminum beer cans together and other strips of hardware store aluminum and it is intriguing, however, I was not able to reproduce the same results at home after purchasing a kit. This was a good twenty years ago or so and I suspect that they were doing their demonstration using a special silver-solder material and selling something entirely different. Of course by the time I got to try the product, they were many miles down the road and not to be found.
Post the name of the product here and see if others have had the same results!

Was always a bit sceptical of these miracle aluminium solder type products, But bought some at the Classic car show yesterday and have to say I am pleasantly surprised.

I have just tried a joint that will only be used for cosmetic purposes but I think with a bit of polishing and cleaning will look very presentable.

Thoughts anyone??

I think the product is great, it will also stick to dissimilar metals like ali to copper,steel etc.

Bob

Back