Canard wings & Spoiler

Michael Holmes

Lifetime Supporter
Anyone have templates for both MKl canard wings and spoiler template in PDF or digital format for sale or to share?

Thanks in advance.

Michael,
There are at least 40 different ways of mounting them. Some use bracing, some not. Some straight , some curved. Mine are curved and need no support. Some painted some not. Here is what I have. They are made of a fairly rigid aluminum. They were polished until they met the asphalt leaving a friends driveway. Straightened them and took a Scotchbrite to them. I added a strip on the inside to bolt to. Probably could have used fender washers as the fiberglass is pretty thick there. My pattern was furnished by another forum member.

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

P1010145-2.jpg

Canard20001.jpg

Canard10001.jpg

Here ar a few of the different ones.

canard1966_ford_gt40_mk1_right_front_corner-1.jpg

canardSAAC.jpg

canard1061.jpg

Canard1051.jpg

canard1079.jpg

canardKim.jpg

I don't have many good pics of the spoiler, and it will look different in the spring as I am remaking it. Standard graph paper was used for the measurements.

P5210128.jpg

P1010071-1-1.jpg

P9010026_zpsf7752c0a.jpg

P9010025_zps263b56b8.jpg

P9010024_zps9385eb04.jpg

It is mounted with large button head screws and fender washers, with nylocs on the inside with fender washers. There are double rubber washers(as big as the fender washers) between the spoiler and the body to save the paint. The vents are based on where the fiberglass upright supports are for the wheel wells on the inside(that is what they are venting). The last bolts outside of the vents are smaller than the ones on the inside due to closeness to the body edge. The length of the spoiler varies with each body. It can be as tall as you want but most only go slightly above the body spoiler. Some just put two holes at the mounting point and cover the undrilled portion with the fender washer to make it look adjustable.
Hope this gives you some insight.

Bill

Back