Heater & Air-Con

NickD

Supporter
Apologies if this thread or similar exist elsewhere:-

A question I'd like comments on ?

Excepting the requirement for de-misting the windscreen for the UK IVA, are there any real reasons why you would need to fit a heater ?

Comments I here tend to centre around trying to keep the cockpit suitably cool so Air-Con is a definite.

There seem to be a number of small Electric heaters and demisters on the market which look like they would cover the Demist. Also, option of a heated windscreen ?

I'd rather not plumb a heater in if its not really necessary ;-)

Any comments welcome ?

Nick.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Nick

Fit a heated windscreen (speak to Southern GT)
That along with aircon air movement (fan) will cover IVA requirements

Personally I do not have a cabin heater and only once have I felt I needed one - that was for a frosty morning trip Heathrow to Cadwell - yes it was ice on windscreen cold.

I have massive fresh air ducts into the cabin and perhaps should have tapes those up to reduce the flow to about 25% that day but it was cold on the motorway - much warmer once in stop start / 30mph Lincolnshire roads

Ian

Nick give me a bell later, just been through all of these thought processes myself and have ordered cooling only with heated screen.

NickD

Supporter
Ian, Paul,

Many Thanks Chaps, I couldn't see why a heater for cabin heating would really be needed.

Ian, Yep, I had a good look at your in-line fans when I popped over - certainly something I'll be following.

Paul, will drop you a call early evening if that's OK, if not, just ping me a text.

Brest regards chaps.

Nick.

Back