Looking for this (rear clam shell part)

Mine is solid and I want it ported. Somewhere I ran across inserts sold for this but cannot find the link now.

Anyone know of anyone that sells an insert to form the inlet for the rear clam shell in the area pictured?

Attachments

• RearInlet.jpg
    RearInlet.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 364
Darrin,

Tornado has them for sure. I have a set and will be installing them next week. However, since the rear section molds might be slightly different from different manufacturers, I would suggest you get them from your rear section supplier so you will be sure they will fit.

-Bob Woods

They should be very close assuming all were taken from original GT40 molds. I'm hoping to get mine from a US vendor as shipping things like this is a killer.

Darrin,

Tornado has them for sure. I have a set and will be installing them next week. However, since the rear section molds might be slightly different from different manufacturers, I would suggest you get them from your rear section supplier so you will be sure they will fit.

-Bob Woods

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Darrin,

I was advised many years ago, by a chap that continues to look after several original chassis, that at the last count, there were 27 differences, dimensionally, between a GTD body and the original.
Even clips out of " original " so called moulds, take a fist full of hours to fit.

Hi Darrin:

FRPGuy on the forum here. My clip came from him and the makes the parts separate and inserts them into clip.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Darrin,

I was advised many years ago, by a chap that continues to look after several original chassis, that at the last count, there were 27 differences, dimensionally, between a GTD body and the original.
Even clips out of " original " so called moulds, take a fist full of hours to fit.

I've seen FRP parts from the 'same' mfr different, go figure :huh:

Back