Hep Needed - On Track Camera

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Please could anyone with recent experience, advise on a medium/high end in car camera setup, for track days.
I was also wondering if US based equipment records/plays back on UK format
PC's etc ( Ok, i know nothing about this spectrum of equipment :worried:)
Any help greatly appreciated.

Please could anyone with recent experience, advise on a medium/high end in car camera setup, for track days.
I was also wondering if US based equipment records/plays back on UK format
PC's etc ( Ok, i know nothing about this spectrum of equipment :worried:)
Any help greatly appreciated.

I think you will find that GoPro is the current favourite , it can be linked to be controlled by an iPhone app. The iPhone acts as a remote monitor too.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Is anybody using the AirPro III? It is one I'm considering, but I haven't seen much feedback on this version of the ION product.

Malcolm

Supporter
Go Pro are the best at the moment. When I raced in Britcar they were fitted to our car by the TV companies for in car footage and worked very well. Not massive money either.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Charlie, I have several videos on my website below that were taken in car and on car with my GoPro cameras. I do all the editing with FinalCut. I will say when you start processing video, you will need a lot of storage capacity and a computer with a lot of memory and fast CPUs. Video is a major resource hog both in storage and editing.

Back