CAV A/C Receiver/Dryer

Pat

Supporter
I replaced my compressor about a year ago and I was told I should have taken the opportunity to chance the receiver/dryer at the same time. As we're getting into the "unbearable heat in Florida" season, I thought I'd pull an A/C purge/dry and refill and now replace the receiver/dryer. Unfortunately, the part number on my unit is unreadable.
If any of you have an early CAV, I'd really appreciate a look at your unit and let me know the part number. Mine is made by Parker and in checking their website, they apparently make a bazillion of them so without the number I'm in a bit of difficulty.

Thanks

I've attached a picture of someone else's car that unfortunately has a label just a bit too teeny to read.

Attachments

• dryer.jpg
    dryer.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 342

Pat

Supporter
Should someone have a need for one of these, the Parker receiver drier is OEM: Part# 085164-00. They are still being manufactured and the distributor is Action Air 1401 Valley View Ln STE 100, Irving TX 75061. Their number is (972) 812-7001 or order online at Action Air - 37-10810-3 DRIER 3/8 MO W/LPS PORT 2.5 x 8 (R134A)
The distributor's part number is 37-10810-3.
They cost $20.52 each.
I received the part today and it's an exact match. Note it's sold without the pressure switch. So you'll need to buy a new one or reuse the one on your current unit.

Last edited:
Back