One speed, two speed, or multi-speed wipers?

It's about time to add wipers. Curious to know if most have one, two, or variable speed wipers on their cars.

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Darrin,

I found an marine type wiper motor that might work. It has long stem to accommodate mounting and two speed with park. The sweep is adjustable and I have it set for 120 deg. I think there is a post somewhere about the required sweep angle.
Can't remember if the switch came with it or I got it separately. Did a rough test fit and it seems to fit... who knows, maybe another paper weight :laugh:.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Renato

Attachments

• Renato's GT40 331.jpg
    Renato's GT40 331.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 285
What about your arm and blade though Renato?

I'm planning to pick those up off of RCR (great price) and need something compatible.

Last edited:
Darrin,
I used the same (long shaft) wiper motor that Renato is showing on my RCR and it's a near perfect fit. Sorry, I'm overseas at the moment and don't have any install pics to show.

As for the wiper arm. I ordered their adjustable arm (it looks the part) and bought a 21" (guessing here) steel wiper blade that snapped right in.

It's a nice unit and the sweep is adjustable to at least 120 deg, maybe more.
Model # TMC-0091101-16 Kit: 12V Heavy Duty Marine Wiper Motor with 2-1/3" Shaft and complete 16" wiper arm and blade.

Just found the link where I purchased it last year...still the same price.
Model # TMC-0091101-16 Kit: 12V Heavy Duty Marine Wiper Motor with 2-1/3" Shaft and complete 16" wiper arm and blade

Good luck!

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Tom,

Thanks for confirming that the motor will fit! Do you remember the size of the blade?

Regards,
Renato

I placed an order for one. Supposed to be here in two days.

Now, when you can Tom, I'd appreciate it if you can recall where you got the bolt on 21" blade from. I'm not having much luck finding one. I can get 21" easily and bolt on smaller ones, but getting a bolt on 21" is eluding me.

Darrin,
From the pic on the web page I sent you, you'll see that the included wiper arm can be adjusted for length and angularity. The attachment point to the wiper blade is a standard 'J hook'.

Any metal framed wiper blade like an Anco or other flexible framed blade that will stay put along the outer edge of the GT windscreen should work fine. BTW, the blade that comes with the kit is a 'squeegee' style and used for flat marine glass, plus it would not look right on the car. Throw it away or use it to wash the windows around the house.

Again, I'm guessing on the 21" blade but I think that was about right for mine, but your mileage may vary. Adjust your wiper arm and note your arc across the window then determine your wiping surface. Too big a wiper blade and it will scuff past the edge of the glass or the edge won't conform at the bottom of the arc (driver's side). I guess you could also buy a couple of different sizes then return the one you don't need...

Back