Vent Mesh

Looking for what folks have used for covering radiator, brake cooling, and rear deck openings. I would like to see how it was mounted as well.

Thanks in advance.

Robert

Robert,
For all my grill work I used McMaster Carr McMaster-Carr
"9319T118" 316 stainless that is a 4x4 mesh with .047 wire size with a .2 opening.
This is fairly thick but will stand up to any stones that come your way. I have this in the front of the nose of the car and is held down with some button head sheet metal screws and small washers into some fiberglass putty added to the border area.
PB280022_zpsbbc5f29f.jpg

PB280023_zps92d36e59.jpg

The rest of the vents will get the same size mesh. They will be formed to fit in the opening from the back sides and held in place with screws hidden behind them. The air vents in the rear tray area will get some similar to these.
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71664&d=1398134932

Bill

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
No photo at this time, but I use black powdercoated hexagon aluminum mesh I purchased on Ebay. Cuts very easy, and the holes are perfect for 1/4" screws (or body panel plastic fasteners) to hold it in place.

Attachments

• Mesh 3.JPG
    Mesh 3.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 385
  • Mesh 1.JPG
    Mesh 1.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Terry be careful with alloy pressed mesh, as some of it is so flow restricting its ridicules. been there been caught out.

john

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Thanks John. Can you share more details. The reason is that I was thinking about the use of the same material in front of the radiator, which sounds not so good anymore.

Terry that cheap crap they sell at most bargain auto outlets for grill mesh. it stops more air than it lets pass, boy racers love it and then wonder why they run hot all the time lol.

john

No photo at this time, but I use black powdercoated hexagon aluminum mesh I purchased on Ebay. Cuts very easy, and the holes are perfect for 1/4" screws (or body panel plastic fasteners) to hold it in place.

That looks like the stuff I use. Really like it.

I did some research into the air flow for mine (looks a lot like yours) and it was good to go. There are some that are restrictive, but not this particular pattern. At least, not the stuff I bought which although didn't come from eBay, looks a lot like yours.

Here is the stuff I bought. Has close to 80% open area.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F3FJWQK/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0#[/ame]

Back