Rear Spoiler and Canards

In the process of making a rear spoiler and Canards.

Spoiler ground to correct size, fitted and holes marked for drilling.

GFlap_zpstmxphjub.jpg

GFlap2_zpsgi13ym93.jpg

GFlap3_zpsrtq2l78n.jpg

I like this. Looks a lot like mine.

Not doing canard though. I had my front special made to allow it to work on its own. Not original, but more functional.

Robert,

I made a template and had a pro sheet metal shop cut it from alum. Unfortunately they did a pretty lousy job and I had to clean up the shape with a hand grinder. So I guess you could say it is home made. So far it looks really good. Only need the time to drill holes and get it mounted on the car.

Dave

Dave,
Are you going to cut out the vents for the rear wheel wells? It will give it a more authentic look. Make sure the cutouts are inside the vertical uprights of the wells. I collected many photos of different looking canards. some straight some curved. Some with support devices and others by themselves. If you need some pics let me know and I can send them along. In any event just be careful cause they can be painful to the ankles if you forget they are there. I did my spoiler out of stainless and the canards out of aluminum. They will need some shaping as they are applied(the curved ones). I added a support backing to spread the load and keep them from pulling through. I also used Scotch Brite on them to keep them from being so shiney. Here is a look at them.

Bill

http://vid282.photobucket.com/albums/kk242/Billmusarra/GT%2040/P9240558_zps57dbe883.mp4

Rather small try this link.
http://s282.photobucket.com/user/Billmusarra/library/GT%2040?sort=6&page=14
Go about half way down and click on it. It may come up in a bigger window.

Last edited:
Hi let me make it clear I am not trying to be a smart alec and you probabley know all ready that P/1075 never ran with spoilers. The funny thing is they were not on the Mirage M1 either but that did have carnards and I thought that was a more aerodynamic shape . Anyway Good luck and great looking car.
Regards Allan

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Like that green a lot Bill

Yours looks great as well Dave. I would consider opening up the vents as well if you are set on the spoiler.

Hi - here's what I did
I used angel eye led bolts to hold on the spoiler. They are lightweight aluminium bolts with small LEDs on the ends. Works well for me as they provide hidden reverse lights

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 466

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Thank you Markus, they will go on order next week.

Schoenes wochenende -> von einem Badner (Baden-Baden) zu einem Schwaben....Ade.:thumbsup:

Hi Pete,

bin auch ein Badener, wohne genau an der Grenze.

Grüße vom Bodensee

Markus

Back