Trim Lines?

So I am trimming bits and pieces now and need to work out where I should be trimming. Obviously every make is different but I was wondering if anyone had a rough idea how I should be trimming the edge on the back of the spider? The bit I have scribbled on has to go but how much of the water channel should I leave?
null_zpseiijzs0y.jpg

Not knowing your dimensions of the water channel, I would say leave as much as possible. Remember you have to add edging McMaster-Carr to keep the two pieces from rattling around when closed. You can remove more if the edging is too far out. By that I mean if your shut lines make the rear clip rub the spider or the edging when closing.

Bill

Dan, these guys are just up the road from me, 10 minuets walk next to the station, they have all sorts of sections available.

Scott's Old Auto Rubber

when I work out what we need ill be able to grab a few lengths and forward it your way.

last time i checked McMaster-Carr would not ship ex USA.

If you can't find the size/shape you want just let me know what you need, and I can forward them to you. Used to do this for Russ Noble over in Christchurch.

Bill

Back