GT40 steering wheel

Just putting the feelers out there for a MOTO LITA dished slotted 14 or 15 inch polished steering wheel, looked at a few options but want to get it right this time as it is my third wheel, if not dished then flat maybe my only choice!

Cheers,

Paul

No discussion.
Moto Lita is the real one and you cant be half pregnant on this to my believe.
Dark blue leather and flat !

The only question is the dimension as original is a bit too large for road usage to me.
I went 1 inch less.

Good luck !

Chuck

Supporter
Andy:

Is the steering wheel center boss compatible with the original style Moto Lita steering wheel?

Cost?

How would I go about getting one here in Illinois?

Thanks

Chuck

Thanks Fred, I did see the Dark blue leather but only in a photo so I assume you have one.......it must be pretty awesome and are talking about a 14 inch or 13?

Paul

Cheers Andy, I have a quote from Tornado but as mentioned I really want to get it right this time.

Paul

Appreciate the option Ian, will take a gander but somehow I may lean towards the real Mc coy!

Thanks,

Paul

Paul

I took the 13 inch.
It is a bit more easy and I found that 14' looks very big (although original)
I bought it directly from Motolita

Rgds
Fred

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Chuck

I do not think the boss PCD is the same as Moto Lita. Although they supplied the original wheel I do not think the current version is what was supplied back in the 60's.The 60's wheel certainly never had Moto Lita laser etched into the spoke. All of the original cars I have seen have a Black wheel.

Our version is available in 13" and 15" and costs £175. The boss and badge costs £75.

Wheels smaller than the original 15" obstruct the instruments but do give a little more driver space.

Personally I like the 15" as it gives a more original feel when driving the car.

You can order by emailing me directly at [email protected]

Thanks

Andy

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Moto Lita confirmed to me some years back, they never supplied the wheel for the 40. This was after some time searching their database and consulting retired family members.
The one on their website is a fairly new addition to their range.

Moto Lita confirmed to me some years back, they never supplied the wheel for the 40. This was after some time searching their database and consulting retired family members.
The one on their website is a fairly new addition to their range.

It's not that new, I bought my Moto Lita wheel over 20 years ago. Bryan Wingfield had Moto Lita produce them.

Regards,

J A Pearce were the original manufacturer but it's likely that wheels came from other sources as I'm fairly sure that I've seen a Formula wheel on a Mk.III

Regards,

Back