Forming the bulkhead water pump bulge

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I made a bulge in a flat piece of aluminium
Flat sheet placed on the cushion of my daughters trampoline
Attacked it gently with a hammer and it slowly formed the bulge I required to clear the pulley.

Only took a few minutes with a few trial fits in the process

A sand bag or similar would probably be the correct thing to hold the sheet against but I used what was standing in the back garden

Ian

Last edited:
I have just spoken to Andy regarding getting some parts for my build, I did not buy the kit from them but they are happy to sell me some parts.

Jeff.

I made a bulge in a flat piece of aluminium
Flat sheet placed on the cushion of my daughters trampoline
Attacked it gently with a hammer and it slowly formed the bulge I required to clear the pulley.

Only took a few minutes with a few trial fits in the process

A sand bag or similar would probably be the correct thing to hold the sheet against but I used what was standing in the back garden ��

Ian

Ian,

Did think of trying that but I already have the panel. did you try it on a pre cut panel or make up a new one I am worried it will shorten it to much.

I have just spoken to Andy regarding getting some parts for my build, I did not buy the kit from them but they are happy to sell me some parts.

Jeff.

Thanks Jeff.

Last edited:
What is the best and easiest way to form the water pump bulge in the rear bulkhead aluminium panel.

Don't know if it's the best or easiest way, but did mine with a cardboard template. Dressed the inside with some brown packing tape, and fiberglassed it.

Needed some sanding and slight modification, but eventually, I ended with something I found acceptable... (and cheap !)

Attachments

• 478828nezpompeeau.jpg
    478828nezpompeeau.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 258
  • cloison pare-feu.JPG
    cloison pare-feu.JPG
    228.8 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Ian,

Did think of trying that but I already have the panel. did you try it on a pre cut panel or make up a new one I am worried it will shorten it to much.

Thanks Jeff.

Hi Nick

It was a presized and pre drilled aluminium sheet.
I guess I was just lucky the holes still lined up after I beat the piece up with a hammer. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

As it is now covered with sound deadening, which was a much bigger problem I cannot even take a decent photo of it

Ian

Back