Hinged side window hardware position

Hi,

Should the hardware for the window run parallel with the cutout as in picture 1, horizontal as in picture 2, or what appears to be a mixture of both as in picture 3.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 874
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 693
  • 076_Revival-2013_GT40-Parade-Pit.jpg
    076_Revival-2013_GT40-Parade-Pit.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 599
Hinge pins should be parallel to the opening edge, otherwise it will lock-up (picture 1)

Rgds,
Andy

Thanks Andy, suspected as much wanted to make sure I got at least one thing on the build right first time ;)

P.S. The padded steering wheel cover worked a treat, thanks.

Ideally, the hinge pins should be co-linear, that is you should be able to replace their individual pins with a single long one.

Pete,

Could you give me a step by step method to cutting the helicopter vent hole? I have had the vents and an appropriate hole saw for better than a year and have lacked confidence to try and cut the holes! Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Mike

(Sorry for the thread hijack)

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Pete,

Could you give me a step by step method to cutting the helicopter vent hole? I have had the vents and an appropriate hole saw for better than a year and have lacked confidence to try and cut the holes! Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Mike

(Sorry for the thread hijack)

Blue tape on both sides of the acrylic. Mark the center, place on a piece of wood to support the material and go for it! Some 400 grit paper to clean the hole and bevel the edges and you are golden.

Anyone know where I can procure the hardware for the side window vents? I have checked with RCR, they have it listed on their website but not available at this time.

Thanks and regards,
Paul

Back