MKIII Headlight Covers

I have had several requests over the years and recently to make MKIII headlight covers. I currently do not have patterns for the MKIII but if someone would be willing to loan me theirs (even if cracked or scratched) I would make them a replacement set free of charge. If interested, please send a PM.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp

Hi Mark, here i am from Cologne, i think i can make negative´s from the outside of the headlights covers.
Regards from Cologne,
Manfred

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
Can you make a formed lexan rear window for a RCR GT40? RCR currently only supplies a flat rear window.

Rick Merz

Hey Rick,

Sorry no. Lexan contains a lot of moisture so the forming process is at least two heating steps, one to dry and one to then form. It takes high heat and typically forms bubbles more often than not. It is the best material to take the heat of the motor though. I've heard of guys putting a pillow underneath to curve it after getting it hot running the engine but it has a strong "memory" and reverts back to the original shape unless submerged in the heat (oven). By the way, I'm still making ZG-nose light covers and photos of your car as examples.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp
816-286-6982

Hi Guys and Gals,
I just wanted to post some photos of one of the pairs of GT40 MKIII light covers I made today for Forum members Manfred Meister and Paul Hendrickx.
Thanks,
Mark Clapp

Attachments

• GT40 MKIII 1a.jpg
    GT40 MKIII 1a.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 666
  • GT40 MKIII 2a.jpg
    GT40 MKIII 2a.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 490
  • GT40 MKIII 3a.jpg
    GT40 MKIII 3a.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 538
  • GT40 MKIII 4a.jpg
    GT40 MKIII 4a.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 511
Hello Mark,
the covers look fantastic, I hope you get to me as soon as possible and I can assemble them.
Regards,
Manfred

Hello Mark,
the headlight covers arrived yesterday, they look really great. As soon as I have assembled them, I will take pictures and send them to you.
Greetings, Manfred

Snif, i will have to wait until mid may to find out, when i finnally can start my rebuild. fotr the meantime greetings fron Bangui Centrafrica
Paul

Hi Paul, glad to hear the covers made it to you in good shape. You and Manfred need to post photos of your cars with the covers fitted.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp

Back