Home Forum Gallery Support  
Register FAQ Advertisers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back > >

GT40 Tech - Exterior, Interior, AC, & Trim All that other stuff not in categories above.

Old 7th March 2018, 04:20 PM   #1
United States
GT40: MKI in process
Need Help Identifying Windshield / Frame

Hi All! Iíve got a GT40 replica in our shop with a plastic windshield, and Iím trying to locate a DOT glass windshield, so that we can inspect it as a street car for a customer.

The car is a 10Ē longer version of the GT40, and was originally built by Lone Star in Texas, but I think they only made one or two of these things, so I canít find any information about what windshield they may have used.

Iíve attached some photos, with about all the dimensions I could think to take, and I was hoping you all could look at them and see if you can figure out what windshield/what kit this car was derived from. (The measurements are of the perimeter of the frame, btw)

I was directed to CAV by Fran at RCR after I sent them my photos. Jordi at CAV was very helpful in getting me some measurements on their windshield. It was too small, but if I must, I can modify the windshield frame to fit and repaint, but hopefully I can find a windshield that fits properly.

Brandon Berry
Attached Thumbnails
Need Help Identifying Windshield / Frame-gt40_windshield_dim__6vhfe-jpg   Need Help Identifying Windshield / Frame-more-dim-jpg   Need Help Identifying Windshield / Frame-no_radii_1-jpg   Need Help Identifying Windshield / Frame-no_radii_2-jpg  
BrandonB is offline   Reply With Quote

car, cav, frame, iíve, windshield