Wiring

I would like to know what wiring system people are using in their forties. I am looking at American Autowire and Painless. The American unit seems to have more for the money. I would like others opinions on wiring systems and their experiences. I know most went with their product brand, but there should be a lot out there who have modified or replaced their systems.
I plan the usuals as far as wiring is considered, but I plan to go a little farther with rear vision camera, interior lighting, and some security stuff. I have fouond a fairly neat electric web site at web page . It has anything and everything about installing electrical devices including wiring diagrams for single and multiple relays.check it out in the mean time.
Thanks for the help.
Bill

I think both of these are good choices. The american autowire is pretty much the same, it even has the same numbers and colors on the wires. FFR has been selling them with their Cobras to about a 1000 people without any problems. If you want to include all those options, I would get a universal 18 circuit.

I have the painless and it is easy to work with.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
I also used a painless harness. Plenty of extra wire, well labeled and reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

I also have painless and also found it easy to use. I did think the main cables which supply power in to the fuse box a bit light for my liking but did work my way around it. I do have an EFI motor though which needs a lot more power than carbs.

John

Back