GTD Wiring - again

Thanks to Julian West, I have diagrams of wiring looms and wire colours for earlier GTDs.
However, from previous discussions on this forum, it appears that GTD switched from one fusebox of 6 fuses to two fuseboxes some time between 1987 and 1996.
I have the later arrangement - there are 6 off 7.5 amp fuses in one box and 3 each 15 amp and 30 amp in the other, with no clues about which circuits they protect.
Of course, this will also have an impact on the harness design and colours used, at the very least.
Has anyone done anything to map the latest wiring harnesses? If so, can you e-mail anything you have?
I am building up a listing of what components are associated with what colours and will gladly swap this data for anything anyone can send me.

Tony,

Turn everything on, and start pulling fuses. By the process of elimination, you should be able to identify all of the circuits in no time, if there are only 12 in all.
You can bet that the higher AMP fuses will be cooling fans, A/C or heat fan, headlamps, driving lamps, wiper, & ignition. Lower amps will likely include turn signals, gauges, brake lights, horn, fuel crossover valve, & flashers.
Maybe Frank Catt would know what the specific circuits are??

Happy sparkchasing!

Bill

Good point, Bill.
I fully intend to do just that, but more important is where the fuse sits in relation to the harness, so I can decide where to tap in to a circuit to make a modification.
I am eventually to draw a complete wiring diagram for my car - and that entails knowing where everything is joined up.

Hi Tony
At last - found them! - I'll copy and post tomorrow. If you have a fax and want them quicker - mail me your fax number and I'll fax as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Drawings were 6-fuse (1987) & 12 fuse (1992)

The fuses are numbered 1a-6a and 1b-6b.

Wire colour (Fuse Rating) Wire Colour
Circuit

1a - Red/White (7.5A) RED
RH Side & Tail / Instrument illumination.

2a - Red/Black (7.5A) RED
LH Side & Tail / Instrument illumination.

3a - Blue/White (7.5A) Blue/White
RH Main Beam

4a - Blue/Grey (7.5A) Blue/White
LH Main Beam

5a - Blue/Red (7.5A) Blue/Red
RH Dip Beam

6a - Blue/Pink (7.5A) Blue/Red
LH Dip Beam

--------------------------------
1b - Purple/Red (30A) Brown
FANS

2b - Purple/Green (30A) Brown
Starter Solenoid

3b - Purple (15A) Brown
Horn / Hazard / Interior Light

4b - ? (?) Brown
Spare

5b - Green (15A) White
Wipers / Stop Light / Fan Relay

6b - Green (15A) White
Heater / Indicators / Reverse Light / Screen Washer / Instruments / W/Ls

Hope the above makes sense! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Very many thanks, Paul for your prompt and apposite response, also for the 6 pages of late model harness data.
I have plenty to mull over for the weekend! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I now have pictures of GTD harnesses, with wiring colour codes, as follows:
Pre-1992 (single fusebox) - Main fascia, front, rear, front lights, rear lights, rear lights sub-harness, indicators and side lights grounding.
Post-1992 (twin fusebox) - Main fascia, front, rear, front lights, rear lights.
Many thanks to Julian West and Paul Thompson for their help in providing them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
They are in tif or jpg format and each file is around 250K in size. E-mail me if you want copies.
I shall be doing more work on documenting the wiring of my original GTD-built car; if anyone is stuck for info, I might be able to help.

Back