Need high pressure electric pump - sources?

Ron Earp

Admin
I've got a side project I am working on and need a small electric pump capable of delivering 60 psi or so, maybe 90 psi for short periods. Anyone know of some good sources for this? I'll be pumping water and the input and output of the pump would be around 1/4" to 3/8", no more. Looking for something in the $30-$50 range and it does not need to be "race tested", "proven", "billet", or any of the other words that mean "High Dollar". Probably shouldn't even be car related since that means the price goes up too.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ron

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Ron,. you might try looking in 'Boats & Harbors",if you can't find this periodical let me know and I will send you a copy. It is a trade advertiser paper for the commercial marine industry, there is all sorts of stuff like that in there.

Ron

What about a second hand EFI pump from a Turbocharged car. Most fuel pumps can do about 60 PSI and turbo cars need higher pressure fuel pumps. Only possible problem I can think of would be rust inside it from pumping something like water. Most of them are probably plated inside anyway and should last a while.

Just a cheap thought.

John

I used a pump from a datsun 260- 280 z car on another car that I added a TPI unit on. Its a external pump , but I dont know what the max psi on one of those is,,I had the regulater set lower than what your asking (45psi). You could try one of them if you can still find one in a bone yard.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Ron,

Check out the fuel injection pump from a Porsche 928. These cars use a Bosche pump and I have used them for high HP engines. The cars are plentyful in junkyards(I am learing US speech) and should be keenly priced.

Best wishes,

Robert

Back