Hazard Warning Switch

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Has anybody found a source for a push quality button hazard warning switch to meet UK regulations ?
I have a new Detomaso switch but have recently read reports of them failing or being difficult to wire up effectively.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
There was a write up about these recently

Use the search facility for "Hazard warning lights - needed for UK" and it should give you some info.Remember to open up the search for more than one week

Hope it helps

Regards
Ian

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Cheers Ian,
Damned good site this init?.
I really need something that looks the period for my dash and the '71 Pantera fits the bill. Some of the older round Porsche ones might look OK as well after I remove the rubber tyre around them and make a chrome bezel.
Good luck with the purchase/build.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
I found a period looking switch from a VW camper van. Its a round pull switch, being VW its pretty robust construction. If you did end up with one of those, I made a connection diagram and chart for it.
regards
Dave

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Dave,
I also have the very one you are describing and the relay diagram but many thanks for your time.
The 1967 VW Beetle column indicator switch is also an excellent period fitting. They are fitted to a lot of Cobras for road use.

I used a period Lucas switch (not illuminated) activating a relay which commons up the indicators - it has to work with the ignition on or off. You don't need an illuminated switch just an indicator which according to my manual (2001) 'which may be the same lamp as the direction indicator 'tell-tale'". Most people seem to fit a large red eye-sore which is unnecessary!

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Dave,
The large red eye sore is exactly what I'm trying to avoid also. I'm using the original layout with Lucas dash lights - white, blue etc and I could'nt find any suitable switches from the old Lucas catalogues.
Many thanks for that advice.

Back