Front Radiator Tray???

I'm hoping that someone can post a picture showing how the front Radiator Tray is mounted. The drawing in the manual shows a "U" shaped bend and I am trying to understand where this bend is in relation to the mounting of tray itself. Does the bend go up or down?

Ron Earp

Admin
The bend goes down. The tray, back side of it closest the car, is sort of trapizoidal shaped and fills in that area from the from bulkhead out to the front edge. Then, it bends down 90 degrees for about one inch, then bends back 90 degress toward the front of the car.

With the newer placement of the hinge bolts for the front clip you don't have to make the bend. Mine comes straight out and fits perfectly with the front clip once its closed. I believe Hershal's is the same way.

Try this

Attachments

• 45352-front-bulkhead2.jpg
    45352-front-bulkhead2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 358
I want to thank everone that responed and posted pictures for me, being able to look at the part really helps. In addition I got a call from Robert last night, no more than a couple of hours after I posted my question. Needless to say I am impressed with the customer support of RF.

Anyway Robert said that the bend in the tray points down and that it acts as a channel for wireing. My question to those that responded is were are you running the wireing?

I did mine as Ron described, but have not run any wiring there. It also seems to fit my hinges as well.

I just tie wrapped it to the panel with the the tie wrap attachment devices riveted to the panel. It may not be to factory specs but it seems to work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hi all, I just made my tray today and just installed it. I did make the channel and the front "tab" is straight out for now. I guess if I need to bend it further down later I can . Dan

Attachments

• 46108-PA300004a.jpg
    46108-PA300004a.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 393
The tray looks good Dan. You're right about the bend.
You can do that at anytime. It only has to be bent down enough to contact the lower lip on the front clip.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back