Bosch Type injector suppliers??

Hi all

Anyone purchased injectors recently? - I'm looking for some low impedance (4ohm) Bosch Pintle style injectors for petrol - to flow about 630cc per min each. (60-65lbs/hr??)

Anyone know of a good supplier or source on web for locating such items?

Currently looking at purchasing sixteen x 0280150363 which I believe flow about 620cc/min...

thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Paul,

I can't answer your question directly as these have become such a commodity anymore that the who has the best price changes almost daily. Best bet is finding someone using injectors as loss leaders for some other high priced bits.

Since you specified Bosch, I am wondering why these over Lucas. I had been told that the Lucas disc type injectors were much faster and more precise than the Bosch type. Is there any merit to that or are there other downsides that weren't revealed?

Are you building two engines or are you really going to run two of these per cylinder? That is a lot of fuel; you must have a huge blower(s) of some type or a huge engine? If you are running that much fuel, running two injectors per cylinder is a very good way to go vs one huge one. This also says you are running a fairly sophisticated engine management system. So, care to tell us about your project? I know my curiosity is a-buzz!

Regards,
Lynn

Hi Lynn

its a 11.5 Litre Chevroford all Alloy V16......

and then I woke up!

Actually - two engines - one Ford - Fontana 340ci and one Chevrolet 350ci, both will be running Motec M48 Pro management - 8coils - sequential injection. Chevy also plumbed for NOS.

I believe the required injectors should be good for approx 900 BHP max - per set and need to flow quite a lot as they are sequentially fired as opposed to pairs.

Just looking for value as they are all dammed expensive over here and I already have fitment for Bosch - are Lucas similar?. Also low impedance fire quicker I believe.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Paul

Yeah they should be the same. The 36# Lucas and Bosch that I have are dimensionally identical. They are both for standard Ford fuel rails and and the receivers in the intake. Not sure about the low impedence models but I would imagine they are interchangable.

Just a thought but if your Motec already has the standard high impedence drivers also, you might consider running two injectors per cylinder. This gives you better control at idle and low rpm cruise which big injectors are notirous for not doing well with since the open times get so small. Maybe the low impedence injectors are better at this, I really don't know. Just something to consider.

I'll keep my eyes open for the injectors you are looking for.

Regards,
Lynn

Hi again

Thanks - re the low impedance injectors - they are generally used for racing / high performance engines as they do open/close faster than the higher impedance versions. The Motec ECU does support use of low impedance injectors and has programmable coil current for flexibility of injector selection.

Re the twin injector setup - you are of course correct that fine control of fuelling can be achieved with twin injector setups - but we do not want to have to rework the Kinsler TBs at present and as car is primarily used for sprints/hill climbs/trackdays - we are less concerned about low speed throttle response or low rpm/idle setup.

Having said that, the motor already idles just fine, even down to about 850rpm.

A number of friends have driven Roys GTD now and each tend to describe it as an 'animal' for power delivery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and that to me is half the fun of it! Sure we could add traction control etc etc but wheres the fun in that? when you press the pedal hard - I want it LOUD FAST & FURIOUS!!

Bring it on!!!!

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Paul,

Once can't argue with success, can one? I also quite understand why you wouldn't want to muck about with the Kinsler bits, especially when there is no need!

I quite agree also with your reluctance to use traction control. Other than on my wife's 4Runner for use in ice and snow, I feel the same about ABS. The whole point is to have man and machine become one and not for the man to be mearly a passenger who points the thing where he wants it to go. Next thing you know they will have computer controlled steering that plots the precise optimum line through the apex of a corner. What fun would that be??

British Lord: High Ho, the fox, you know!
Yank dog breeder: Yeah, yonder goes the son-ova-bitch!
In Unison: After him at full speed!

Lynn

Back