Fuel tank Fittings

Having not had the common scense or the bucks to have purchased a complete kit, I find myself spending time chasing obscure parts. Things like the rubber grommit that goes around the steering rack to seal it from the paneling.

Anyway I have been trying to complete my paneling and realized that I better put the plumbing for the fuel system in place before I seal this area up. What I need to know is what are the thread sizes for the fittings on the fuel tanks and holding tank? I'm trying to source this locally so that I can complete this area before the end of the year.

Most are 1/4" pipe, one or two 3/8" pipe. Mine came supplied with the kit. Did you get/are you using the fuels pumps supplied with the kit? About half the fittings are 90's, the others are straight. You have the fuel tanks, right, so then getting the sizing correct shouldn't be too difficult?

It's amazing what a rounded education you get when you start building one of these cars. I have learned more about Fittings than I ever wanted to know. Anyway the tank is plumbed with BSPT fittings that are not compatable with the NPT fittings that are standard in the states.

I have been unable to find the 1/8 x 3/8 or 5/16 BSPT that I need to plumb the tanks and that includes McMaster Carr. The alternatives seem to be either tap the existing fittings to NPT or find BSPT to NPT adapters. I would perfer not to mess with the tank itself, so I need adapters.

My research has pointed me to the AUTOZONE parts stores here in the states. It seems that the Honda crowd when turbocharging there car have to mount a line into the block and the block is 1/8 BSPT. The AUTOZONE carries an 1/8 BSPT to 1/8 NPT adapter which should work for me. I have not seen this part yet but intend to find a AUTOZONE store today.

Peter

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Peter,

I have arranged for a complete set of fittings for an injection fuel sysyem to be sent to you over the next few days. I hope they get to you before New Year.

Seasons greenings and Best wishes,

Robert

Robert,
Thank you very much for the assistance. When I was in the decision process on my purchase, I kept comeing back to the amount of direct involvment RF had with it's customers, I felt that level of involvment gave me a higher chance of completing my build. I knew that I was going to run into areas that required help and input from the manufacture and you and Hershal have been there each time.

Thank you and the best to you and yours for the holidays.

Peter

Back