fuel cells Aust

Hi I am Jim and have recently purchaced RF105,
Not a lot has happened at this time because off Christmas ect.
When the car is finished I do plan on some form of motor sport.Targa style events.
That brings me to the question of fuel cells , have any Aust members purchaced cells & how much , were from ect
Thanks Jim

Ho Jim
Congradulations on the purchase, did you purchase a turnkey or a kit. I have heard fuel cells are hard to find, you may have to look overseas and they are dam expensive.

cheers Steve

I looked into fitting my RF with fuel cells. The cost is very high and you lose your ability to run two fuel tanks. You would need a custom fuel cell fitted to the left hand side tank. The good news is you could retrofit the RHS tank and swirl pot area as a baggage compartment!

Or fit the fuel cell under the front clip.

Flatchat has an extra tank fitted to front of his DRB GT40. He fitted it originally for distance racing events to give him some added range.

Not sure off hand the size of it. It's not that small as he seems to favour using it, instead of the side tanks.

Thanks for the replys.
Mark I didnt buy RF tanks because side fittings ect do not allow the use of a bladder.
Making tanks is no drama.
The advantage with deleting R/H tank. Is that is my side & I would have my wife between me & the fire on the left hand side.
Jim

Craig i seriously dont think there would be enough room to fit a front tank, Maybe the layout slightly different to DRB.
Flatchat fitted extra tank but he didnt delete origanals.Some of these road rallys u can be in the car for over 8 hrs at a time.U need the capacity I would say.
The reason I am concerned about tanks in Targa style events the danger is much higher than curcuit racing due the trees ect ect.
The danger would be higher on full tanks, as it crushs it has to go somewhere.
I will have to search out a source ATL ect.
I have the feeling not to many have done this here yet. (maybe the expense).
What ever i come up with I will post it ( it maybe a while)
Jim

Back