wiring harnesses

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I am talking to American Autowire and Ron Francis about a wiring harness for my car. I also have an original schematic but would like something made by a professional- the schematic only tells you what the components are, not how they all fit together physically. Has anyone had experience with either of these two outfits and anything to relate about them? They seem like decent folks by phone etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Factory Five now supplies an American Autowire harness with their kit. It is the universal 12-circuit and seems like a good quality.

Some people also have the Ron Francis one, and are very happy. I think its a bit higher-end, which the prices reflect. For custom stuff they might be a better choice if you dont wire the car yourself.

One thing I like about Ron Francis is that they offer ground circuits as well. With the standard Painless or Am Autowire you use the chassis as a ground which is not ideal. Especially in a fiberglass car this is even more of a factor.

Lukas

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
I used a Painless Wiring setup. Good quality, all circuit wires are labeled the full length of the wire. While not an exact fit I used unused auxiliary circuits for things such as the second fuel level sensor and pump. Either way I think both vendors have a good reputation.

I've used both Painless and Haywire universal kits.
No problem with either. I did like the fact that Haywire's
harness plugged into the fuse box....made it a little
easier to handle. Ron Francis is higher end....higher price.
If you're looking for something custom, they will do it.
Most others just sell what's in their catalog.

MikeD

Back