Smiths Gauges

I know I should post this elsewhere but... Anyway does someone have advice on best supplier for Smiths 100mm programmable 220mph Speed gauge....obviously available in VDO and can only find 180mph from Smith...
Thanks

I've just got my 220 mph speedo direct from Caerbont Automotive Instruments in the UK.
From payment they take about 6 weeks and supply all senders e.t.c.
They phone you once they are made to let you know they are shipping.
http://www.caigauge.com/

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Stephen,

Recently I sent my mechanical Smith gauge to Howard Instruments in Australia and they reproduced a new face and installed it on an electronic VDO 100mm gauge pictured below. My original gauge was 200 mph dial and I requested a 180 mph dial instead. They will apply any numbers calibration you may want /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 66301-DSC_1236.JPG
    66301-DSC_1236.JPG
    262.8 KB · Views: 688
Paul
I did speak to Caerbont and they pushed me off to one of their distributors without much success. Was this a special build as it doesnt seem to be in any of their distributor parts lists?
Will approach them again tomorrow
Cheers

I got messed about with all of there suppliers and so went direct to the factory. I explained this to whoever I spoke to and they agreed to do a one off order. If you want I can send them an email and ask if they will do another.
Let me know - I'll post pics in my build on the site.

OK finally tracked down 12 of these babies on a shelf......if anyone is interested I will be happy to convey the information off the board.
Cheers

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Caerbont Automotives interpretation of the gauges is not entirely correct.
Just as Superformance's supplier isnt.
I've had complete gauge sets made using original instruments as templates and supplied them to owners of original cars. If you want help, private message me.

Last edited:
Back