Battery cut off

Is anyone familiar with this battery cut-off?
CDOC.com | Electronic Kill Switch (2509-400S02)

If so, any comments would be appreciated.

I've seen it in Pelican parts, CDOC and the like. It looks similar in operation to the Armtech unit, but is less expensive (at 200 bucks, vs 450 or so for the Armtech) and operates on the positive end of the battery, rather than the grounding circuit. It also includes alternator grounding which a lot of other latching solenoid types don't have. They claim it to meet or exceed the rules for SCCA, PCA and "many other" sanctioning bodies.

We would rather not use a mechanical (manual) switch as the cables will be too difficult to run to where I want to mount the switches.

Many Thanks
Brian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Brian
Are you mounting your battery in the rear?

If so what I have is a standard key operated switch on the flat deck inside the rear clip and reach through the air inlet to fit the key and turn it on.

Just have to remember to do this before sitting and strapping yourself in!

Cheers
Ian

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Ian,
See Hugh Absolem - he'll put a cable operating system in for you to both switch it on and more importantly to knock it off again. Mine has the latter
just behind the drivers seat - a largish red pull handle.
Dave

Hi Ian, My battery is up front on the right hand side, tucked in as tight as I can get it under the cross member and coolant tubes. It's a small(ish) dry cell. I am putting a cut off switch on the dash and on the lower part of the spider behind the door on the left hand side.

Brian

Back