r/h and l/h threaded adjuster

Does anyone know where I can get one of these adjusters from in the UK? The type which is basically a tube threaded with a right hand thread in one end, and a left hand thread in the other. A r/h and a l/h rose joint can then be attached to either end.
Someone must have them ready made in the UK, but what are they called? Who has them? They would be easy enough to make from a bit of hex or square tube, except that l/h taps are so expensive.
Any ideas please?
Thanks

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 467
Lee,

I bought something similar from Grand Prix Racewear at Silverstone earlier in the year and I am sure Demon Tweeks also stock similar items. I am at work at the moment until 20:00, so cannot help further, but will post later tonight if no-one else chips in.

Cheers

Thanks all. After writing it struck me as the sort of part that Rally Design would do.
And there it is

BM8 RH-LH Link Rod £2.70
In the catalogue on page 121, but not on the website.
9" long with 2" of left hand thread, 8" of right hand thread, (and 1" not threaded). Even includes a l/h and a r/h lock nut. So can be cut down to the required length.
Metric rod ends from Demon Tweeks - MP-M08 and MPL-M08 at £2.50 each.

Sorted. Thanks all

Lee-
It looks like your link is in single shear, ie the rod-end is supported on one side only. In high enough load or vibration applications the bolt through the ball will fail or fracture the support. Can't tell if that's the situation, and the rod looks pretty stout, but it's something to keep in mind.

Malcolm

Supporter
Is that an 8mm thread you want? If so why not bring a peice of hex down here and we can turn it up on the lathe. I have both left and right hand threads taps for 8mm.

Malcolm
Thanks very much for the offer, but I think £2.70 for the bar from Rally Design would be cheaper than driving to Surrey.
Thanks anyway
All the best

Back