Lifetime Supporter

Attachments

• selector_marine.jpg
    selector_marine.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,263

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
James,

Many of the items Golan Products are intended for the motorcycle market. So I would advise that flow rates and other specs be checked for use on a GT40. Ilan Golan has answered the phone himself every time I have called.

He makes some very nice things including the billet in line fuel filters that I use on my car (originally branded as K&N but now sold by Mr. Gasket; 10µ, 1.375" diameter pleated SS filter w/effecitive area of 6.2in² - 60µ available from Golan products.)
filters-large.jpg

How about a nice filter to complete that transaxle cooler installation:

filter-g-Open-large.jpg

Or, how about an inline filter to protect that expensive custom radiator and the heater box:

filter-trap-radiator.jpg

Lynn

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
with up to AN10 fitting sizes on that selector, I doubt that flow rates are going to be an issue.. They don't sell direct from what I could find, but did find a distributor that got US $180 for that valve.. That puts it out of my reach..

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I have the one JimmyMac posted. It is a work of art! Very well made. The only problem for the folks in the 'colonies' is the expense $450usd as I recall and that was when the dollar was stronger against the Lb. It has -8 and -6 sizes as well as a bunch of other odd fittings that are available. I have the duplex valve that allows -8 inlets to the pumps and -6 returns to the tanks. Not sure what the simplex version cost but I think they may sell it at Aircraft spruce.

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Those have been around for a while (boating supplies usually have them), I think you can also get them in duplex as well for EFI'er. But they lack the cool factor the Andair has. Neither are as convenient as the electric valves but these cars are not about convenience :)

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Russ-

Check out Aircraft Spruce they may have them, as well as a bunch of boat supply places. They have them for dual tank selectors.

Russ, I would think you will need the Andair valve ;)

Sandy

I am a newbie to multiple tank setups, so please set me straight if i have the wrong end of the stick. This thread is about tank selector valves, where does the valve sit on the car? in the cabin or in the engine bay? If the cabin then doesn't that mean fuel lines being run into the cabin, fire risk etc? or if to the engine bay then you have pop the back to change tank source?

It's a topic i want to know more on so i have to ask questions.

ANT

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Ant -

Usually the back of the valve is in the engine bay and it mounts to the bulk head behind the rear seats where you can reach it (Just the valve lever).

Look in the photo section I think you will find a couple of shots of a similar valve in the MK3 Road car. You will get the idea ;)

Sandy

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Ant,
Here's a couple of real ones up close.

Attachments

• Fuel - Fuel Tap (1).jpg
    Fuel - Fuel Tap (1).jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 799
Another newby question. Why not use independent fuel pumps/regulators with two check valves or is this more for the originality factor?

Thanks Sandy/JimmyMac makes perfect sense now.

Gonna look for the pictures to see where its mounted, interested to to see how you reach it when in a harness, doing silly speeds in the wet at 3am and trying to remember that the gearstick is on the wrong side!!!!:eek:

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Ant -

The electrical switch (or read below) is really the better way to go if you can tie both tanks together. But the cool factor of the manual switch goes a long way as a gadget-teer. The other thing is for non 24hr or endurance events you likely are going to be fine on one tank ;)

MR - Could be done, If you have regulators that need to bypass fuel back to the tank then you can't easily do the check valves since the fuel from one tank must recirculate to the same tank. If not, the check valves would work fine. For EFI and 2 tanks gets tricky, carb an no bypass back to the tank, easy. I think we beat that horse dead in another old thread which was was a good thread about fuel systems and all the valves, bypasses, specialty efi valves, and of course the swirl tank etc.

Sandy

Back