heat shrink hose clamps

What if they start leaking down the road? Once crimped, you can't do anything to them, I guess and what is against the old stainless clamps?
I think they go with the timezone the GT40 is from.

At least that's my opinion.

I would assume that the engine heat will ensure they maintain as much shrink as they can.
My concern would be whether they soften with the applied heat, and so potentially stretch under pressure.

Still, they look like a smart idea if they have none of the potential problems.
Give them a go Roy and let us know how you get on ;)

I have used these extensively on my GT40, Cobra, several street rods and my daily drivers. I have never had one single problem with them leaking or coming off. In fact, on one project that was double clamped with standard hose clamps the only way I could keep the hose on the water pump was using these shrink tube clamps. They are easy to use and look very sanitary. If you are worried that they will blow off down the road, carry a spare clamp. As stated above however, I've never had one fail with tens of thousands of collective miles on 8 cars. These are used on many OEM applications also.

heat shrink tubing

The material for heat shrink tubing can be a thin or dual wall based substance. For thin walled this comes into play with insulation, protection against mechanical wear. It also works very well as a sealant
heat shrink tubing

Back