Getting fuel out of the tank

I am trying to get all the fittings I need to plumb my EFI system. I am using in-tank pumps that have a 5/16 barb fitting. I need to run 5/16 hose to a bulkhead fitting in the top of the tank. I want -6AN on the outside of the tank. I must be missing something, because I cannot for the life of me figure a combo to get the gas out.

Any help?

No problem finding a 5/16 barb to -6 an, but it is always male AN. then bulkhead fittings for fuel cells are male:male. So I would need the barb-AN adapter, a -6 male:male connector, and an -6 AN bulkhead fitting. Is this right? Seems like I cannot be the only one to mount a fuel pump with a barn fitting in a tank, and a lot of different fittings to make it work... there has to be something I am missing.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Jay,

Spent some time looking for what you need. Actually what I think you could use would be a Bulkhead adapter that was NPT on both sides and then you could screw in your barbed connector (inside the tank) and the NPT to -6 Adapter on the outside of the tank.

Many times I run into needs like this and I end up machining my own solution on my lathe. But that takes time and the proper materials.

I found a couple of solutions, but basically it's 3 parts (each tank) however you slice it. I ended up ordering 5/6 barb to male -6, -6 coupler, and a -6 bulkhead fitting. At least most of it will be buried in the tank.

Sounds like having to stack 'em up to get what you need is not uncommon. I am new to all of this, so I wanted to be sure I wasn't looking in the wrong places.

Back