GTD Tail lights ?

Hi All- does anyone know where to find original type tail lights? I have a GTD that now has late model Beetle (!!) tail lights. The tail light area has recesses for single left/right units.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul

i saw the ad on ebay, then searched for fiat 850 parts, some good 2nd hand ones turned up for a couple of quid because "gt40"wasn't in the listing.....but i am building a "lo cost"!!
you can do this with a lot of parts used for the gt.

Hmm- Fiat 850, we haven't seen those over on these shores for many years... or any Fiat for that matter...will look for them (on ebay).
Many thanks.
p

There is a thread by Chris Martino (Essex Wire replica) showing the whole process of installing the early taillight configuration. I tried to find it, but was unsuccessful. Maybe he'll chime in.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, you mean the Lucas ones.
How about the original tail lights ?

Attachments

• Original Lights MKI.jpg
    Original Lights MKI.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 968
My understanding is that the orginal taillights were the Fiat 850 sport ones.
I have them on my car and it definetely looks like the originals.

Fred

I think Phil is looking for the Simca 1000 or reproduction of but if not here is my early tail light config.

Chris

Attachments

• __263.jpg
    __263.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 378
  • __1079.jpg
    __1079.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 931
My GTD has single left right units,, not the double left/right of early cars..
I will look for the Fiat and Simca units. Not common in the States.
Appreciate the input.
Regards to all,
Paul

Paul, being that your car is a GTD, I imagine the CAV tail lights will be an easy fit/replacement. The fine gents at Autofutura (Jean and John) in SA have them in stock and available (just checked with them as I need a new one also). $80 bucks/ea.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Jim, yes you are correct, Fomoco.
Another lead i gave you. I was happy buying 1 pair.
Seems you got your hoover out yet again.
You for reaons unknown, may yet again want to deny the assistance,
but we both know the score.

as i'm not building a true replica, i quite like the split fiat style lights. i've seen a lot of artic 40 foot trailers with split l.e.d. rear lights....hmmmm. maybe a modern take on the lights. they're bright too.

Wow- I see that the Fiat ones may actually been used on a Miura!! Gotta have those ones :laugh:. They may be pricey like the ones James sees.....
Will see what Andy has.
Sure is amazing what you can find on Ebay.
Paul

Paul
You can try :Stafford Vehicle Components: in Tamworth, England.
They have replica's for a resonable price. A nice guy to deal with and he sent some all the way to NZ for me for about 60 pounds (Quid)
But the old saying is "you get what you pay for" . The Fiat one's are of a better quality.
Woody.

Back