toggle switch connector

Can someone please explane to me what each connector mean?
Nothing is writin except for numbers 1/2 3 4/5 6.
My wiring harnes has 3 connectors for each switch.

picture

Attachments

• 2011-02-25 23.56.34.jpg
    2011-02-25 23.56.34.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 271

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
I can't tell you off-hand for certain, but I can tell you how to find out.

The 1 through 6 numbers don't "mean" anything. They are arbitrarily assigned, usually in some obvious order (eg top to bottom, then left to right).

First of all, I assume from your picture that the toggle moves from left to right, rather than up and down. If so, almost certainly one position connects a terminal on the left with its twin to its right, and in the opposite direction disconnects them. This would make it a double pole (two circuits) single throw (one pair of contacts per pole) switch.

(The center positions can be ignored; they are there so that the same parts can be used to make a more complex switch).

Toggle switches are mechanically simple devices. Usually the toggle simply slides a contact in the opposite direction the toggle moves.

However, to be sure you can simply put the switch in one position and using an ohmmeter determine what each terminal is connected to, and what it is NOT connected to. For each position there are only 6 combinations to check. Then put the switch in the other position and check all the possible combinations. Now you know exactly what the switch does does.

Finally, if there is a manufacturer name and part number on the switch you can try to find its specification sheet on the internet.

"My wiring harnes has 3 connectors for each switch.". This doesn't fit very well with the switch you show, but perhaps if you posted that part of the wiring diagram I could explain....<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Alan thanks for the help
i think it moves up/down see picture please
also number 3 has some strange logo
according to tornado wiring loom instruction i should connect brown to terminal 1
blue terminal 8
blue red terminal 4

i cant see any info on the switch
regards

Attachments

• tt3.jpg
    tt3.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 2011-02-26 14.40.27.jpg
    2011-02-26 14.40.27.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 233

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Abdul

You do not have the correct switches. The termination chart supplied with the wiring loom is to suit our switch set. You could probably use other switches but the chart would not be correct.
The easiest solution is to get our switch set and follow the chart.

Thanks

Andy

Back