Accusump epc valve induction issue

Hi

Tested my wiring yesterday ( as it is complete now) . Everything worked perfect except this one:

When i switched of the Accusump (EPC version with pressure sensor controlled solenoid valve) from AUTO or MAN position to the off position , my turnsignal starts to turn on. After a discussion with the provider of the turnsignal controller and my brother in law( who is an automation engineer) it seems high likely that the spool of the solenoid creates an high voltage peak when it returns to the closed position, witch overruns the incoming filters of the signalbox.

I´ve been lucky to detect this this way, because this voltage peak spark will also be induced into every other component ( as in IGNITION on everything is connected via the battery) and therefore can damage especiall electronic components ( ignition, ecu, aso). This peaks can go up to multiples of 1000s volts. Of course the peak is higher now in my case because there is no oilpressure in the system to dampen the closing action( and therefore the speed of reverse induction) of the solenoid valve.

I will put in an Flyback diode
Flyback diode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

to protect the other components. Wonder if it is the same for the other strong solenoid one has in a car, the starter solenoid. I´ve never seen a flyback diode on them.

TOM

Back